Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I'm Back!

OK, I've been back a few days. But seriously, when it's this close to Christmas and you realize you took a whole week out of your preparation time, the panic that sets in is a bit overwhelming.

Last night (Christmas-Eve-Eve) I braved not only the mall, but Walmart as well. Interestingly, I am pleased to report that it wasn't that bad! There were people, but not tons of them. The gentleman at the food booth where we stopped to eat dinner said that he was nervous about Christmas Eve because that's when people started literally getting into fistfights. Ah, the joy of the holidays, right? I didn't see any of that, and I was extremely grateful! Likely, this was due to the weather and that only idiots like me would be out in it. You see, there was a big ice storm while we were gone, and it's been messy ever since... but can I just say that while lots of people lost power and experienced damage - WOW, an ice coated world is amazing to behold!

This morning, Christmas Eve, I made it to the grocery store to get everything I needed for our once a year decadent homemade buttermilk cinnamon rolls. During the drive in, I was just breathless with the beauty of all the world coated in ice. It looked like a blown-glass wonderland (with a light dusting of snow on top!) I snuck out early this morning at sunrise to try and take a few pictures.










They're OK, but I bet if we had been here for the storm I would have had some amazing shots to share! Also, if I was gutsy enough and didn't have holiday prep to do I would venture out to a few of the waterfalls that I bet look simply amazing.

But I have rolls to bake and floors to scrub, so... it's not that I'm too cowardly to brave the roads and back areas to get a good shot, I'm simply far too busy. Yes! Busy! *ahem*

Well, anyway. I have lots to tell from my trip. Some of it was wonderful. Some of it was horrifying (I'm complaining to the company, but I'll fill everyone in on that later.) Both will wait until after the holiday, because today and tomorrow is all about snuggling the family and enjoying the time we have.

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday if you celebrate any of them. If not, I hope you have a wonderful day in general! Happy Christmas Eve, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday and just outright **Hugs** to everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Merry christmas!

    The pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Curious to hear about your trip. I have debated on whether or not I would enjoy a cruise or not. My husband is unsure as well, but there is one that is suppose to take you up the coast and to Maine. I have always wanted to go there. Hope your holidays were wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit! I'm looking forward to hearing from you...

But a warning first: If you are here to insult, flame, troll, or sell something = if the auto-spam detector doesn't remove your comment first, I promise you I will.